The Natural Philosopher

Default Tonight's Property Ladder, Channel 4

Andy Evans wrote:

But these folks seemed totally unconcerned
that they had spent double their original "budget". This is not good
business practice. In fact, it's pants.

One thing that made me angry recently was a viewer of our family home, which is
up for sale. This woman proceeded to catalogue all her 'special needs' for a
house makeover - special taps, marble floors.... I'd almost nooded off by the
time she came to lapis-lazuli spittoons. She then expected me to reduce the
price of the house by the amount all this garbage would cost her, and put in an
offer £60,000 below the price I carefully spelled out for her. Quite deaf to
anything that contradicted her.

What counts is what she is prepared to pay and what you are prepared to
accept.

The rest is hot air and fluff.

Ive dne teh same: Looked art a crumbling listed cottage, worked out what
would be needed to set it right, subtracted that from market value, and
offerd 50 grand less than what it was mortgaged for.

Not accepted. Fine. Move on.

=== Andy Evans ===
Visit our Website:- http://www.artsandmedia.com
Audio, music and health pages and interesting links.