Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 30V, 5-10A bench PSU recommendations?

On Tuesday, 15 September 2020 20:03:22 UTC+1, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 11:25:00 -0700 (PDT), tabbypurr wrote:

Had a look as I want one too. It doesn't give any clue whether the
adjustable current limit shows what it's set to or whether it's adjusted
blind. I therefore expect it's the latter.

There is a link to download the manual. Which doesn't tell you
anything about how to operate it! Like how to set it to CV or CC
mode, etc

correct, though I would not expct there to be any separate CV or CC modes. With bench psus one simply sets the 2 limits.

Also beware the 0.2v ripple spec!

And being SMPSU "ripple" at few 10's of kHz? Doesn't bode well for
how much RFI it chucks out.

0.2v of ripple is terrible for a bench psu. It seriously compromises what it can be used for. It does not lead me to conclude this is a competent unit.

Also zero info on meter accuracy.

I can see
3 digits
A nd V "LCD +/- 1% +2 Digits".

So upto 30.0v
+/- 1% is 0.3v
and 2 more digits is +/- a total of 0.5v. That's terrible. No good for me anyway.

Good enough to run motors, but not as a multipurpose bench psu.

NT