Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Vines growning from within bushes?

On 9/15/2020 4:42 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, September 13, 2020 at 2:15:56 PM UTC-4, Joshua Snow wrote:
"micky" wrote in message
I have vines growing up in the middle of my bushes. What to do?

They look bad.

At least once a year, I rip or cut out parts I can see, but that still
leaves the stems and they grown back.

Some have grown 20 feet up the trees that are in the middle of the
bushes.

How can I now use, or have used herbicide, without killing the evergreen
bushes that surround them?

I cut the vines back as you have done and apply neat
Roundup to the cut top of what remains in the ground.

Works fine.

Or cut off the top part, but leave a couple feet near the ground that you
can pull out of the bush to apply the Roundup. Or if it the top is accessible
growing above the bush, treat that part with RU, without getting it on the
bush. Gloves and a rag work.

So does stuffing it in a cardboard box loosely, and spraying it there.