Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Vines growning from within bushes?

On 9/13/2020 11:14 AM, Joshua Snow wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
I have vines growing up in the middle of my bushes.Â* What to do?

They look bad.

At least once a year, I rip or cut out parts I can see, but that still
leaves the stems and they grown back.

Some have grown 20 feet up the trees that are in the middle of the
bushes.

How can I now use, or have used herbicide, without killing the evergreen
bushes that surround them?

I cut the vines back as you have done and apply neat
Roundup to the cut top of what remains in the ground.

Works fine.

What did I do wrong in the first place?

Didn't pull the vines out when they were still very small.

There are also two trees, some kind of fir and an arbor vitae in the
midst of the bushes, which have a picket fence on the far side.Â* About
once a year, I crawl under the bushes and remove litter that blows from
up to 100 yards upwind and gets stuck under the bushes.Â*Â* Sometimes I've
cut off the vines near the earth when I'm there, but that doesn't remove
the roots or a couple inches of stem.Â*Â* Could I have done more?

Yep, apply neat Roundup to the stubs.

What is "neat roundup"?