John Grabowski

Default What is switch height from floor?

Jake you are correct, but the code reference is 404.8 Acessibility and
Grouping of Switches. ..."They shall be installed so that the center of the
grip of the operating handle of the switch or circuit breaker, when it is in
its highest position, is not more than 2.0M (6 ft. 7 in.) above the floor or
working platform".

Article 380 deals with Multioutlet Assemblies.

Thanks for the clarification.

John G.

"Jake" wrote in message

"John Grabowski" wrote in message
et...
To my knowledge, the National Electrical Code (NFPA 70) does not specify
height requirements for general use residential switches and

receptacles.

John,

As I remember the NEC does say something about 6 feet, 7 inches or

lower...
like that matters here. I think the cite is 380-8, but that's just going
from memory. Heck, I'm just exercising my memory, anyhow. I think the code
said something like "Switches (and Circuit Breakers used as Switches)

shall
be located so that they can be operated from an accessible place" or some
such.

Jake