Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Nowell Lee Nowell is offline

Default Blow torch gas refills

Hi,

I have a Primus blowtorch which has the same bottle as shown in this item

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Primus-20...AOSwKtJfWKF 2

I noticed that a number of people are selling empty bottles on eBay so was curious as to why. It seems that they are refillable - although.... some seem to have the word "refillable" on them and some don't even though they look identical. As it happens, mine does not say refillable. Further investigation I found a variety of videos with people filling them themselves (one I saw were from the US) from larger bottles.

I had never heard of this before and assumed when mine was empty I would bin it and buy another one. Has anyone had any experience with this? Is the idea that you fill from a larger one when needed or maybe you have to take it to a supplier who does that for you?

Any thoughts appreciated.

thanks

Lee.