Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Paste[_2_] David Paste[_2_] is offline

Default Wi-fi router recommendations please.

One day I will run a proper ethernet cable out to the garage.

On Saturday, 12 September 2020 08:41:18 UTC+1, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote
Those mains plug in devices, besides being probably illegal under the
wireless telegraphy act for interference, have been known to upset devices
running from the mains due to the high levels of RF coming in via the mains
itself. Sometimes you can cure this by a ferrite on the mains cabling of the
appliance.
There are a lot of routers around just now which offer the facilities you
want, Mine is fine, but I'd suggest not using an older one if your internet
speed is over a few megs, since they cannot cope with the input from your
isps router in modem mode very well, causing weird lock ups and the like.
Brian