Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Free rusted metal

On Saturday, 12 September 2020 08:26:00 UTC+1, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , "Brian Gaff (Sofa)"
writes

That is right, wd stands for water dispersion as far as I am aware, and
hence is supposed to actually stop water attacking the metal, its a bit
late after the event. In my experience wd 40 also degreases as well which is
not good in the long term, but might dislodge gunked up bits, though not
rusty ones.

Brian

Although 'WD' does indeed stand for 'water dispersion', it does about
ten additional things. It might not do them as well as something
specifically designed to do some of these things, but it does do them.

poorly and overpricedly at best.