Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Wade[_2_] David Wade[_2_] is offline

Default Kitchen Plinth Light

On 11/09/2020 23:28, alan_m wrote:
On 08/09/2020 21:42, TimW wrote:
On 08/09/2020 16:16, David Wade wrote:
Her who must be obeyed has been asking about low level plinth lights
in the kitchen. So as the things are already in place it needs to be
thin. Any suggestions as to reliable thin lights...

Dave

It's an easy job!
https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-fc2w5...mm-16-3w/411fh

Not sure I would tape it in place - it's bound to fall down. Maybe a
few bent over nails, but still, plug it in, voila! You can have disco
lights if you want.
TW

The couple of times I've used this type of LED strip the double sided
tape on the back has been the weak point. It may stick and stay on a
horizontal surface but I've found on vertical surface or where taken
around a rounded corner the strips comes away after a relatively short
time. Luckily for my two applications the strip wasn't visible so a
cosmetically perfect fix wasn't important. I used a heavy duty double
sided sticky foam strip designed for sticking car trim for one fix. I
used hot melt glue for another fix.

I note of some cheap light fittings that I have that use LED strips
there is a mechanical fixing method, possibly backing up a double sided
tape fixing.

I got some from E-Bay. Sticks fine. Wife is happy..

Dave