Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Fixed the microwave turntable.

On 11/09/2020 00:05, ss wrote:
I got a new `motor` for the turntable £5 on ebay and that sorted the non
turning turntable.
Out of interest I dismantled the `not working` one and it appears that
when in use liquid has been allowed to spill out and leak through the
the spindle to the motor. As far as I can see I just need to clean up
the cogs of all the sticky stuff that has accumulated on them.

Are you sure that its not the grease applied during manufacture?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzhcJDqQ_h0&t=1s

Video of some American who hasn't got a clue why he got a shock from a
microwave turntable motor when driving the spindle with an electric
drill. His dismantling of the motor does show grease around the gears.

So to see if the motor is OK attach a drill to the shaft that drives the
turntable, put your tongue across the two terminals and turn on the
drill at the highest speed. If you feel a slight tingle on your tongue
the motor is likely to be OK.