Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Is Erbauer ERH750 SDS drill powerful enough for 150mm core bit?

On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 14:39:00 +0100, Chris Bacon wrote:

On 10/09/2020 08:31, me wrote:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-e...220-240v/232fv

I'm about to buy this SDS hammer drill but I'm not sure if it's powerful enough to easily drive a 150mm core bit. Anyone know if it is?

And in general is there a table or something that tells you what power of drill you need to drive various sizes of core bits?

A 150mm bit is big for that, so you won't be cutting fast. It's got a
clutch which is good. You may well shag the bit if you use hammer
action, see any info that came with the bit if you have it. Always clear
detritus from the cut, and frequently.

My old Powercraft SDS did a 115mm hole without a problem. Just take it easy;
by being gentle I did a 38mm hole with an 18V combi (no hammer, of course).
The force required was far less than the drill would take - beyond a certain
point the rate reduced to near zero for some reason.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away