Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas Thomas is offline

Default Staining fiberglass entry door.

On Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 8:34:02 PM UTC-4, Dan Espen wrote:
Thomas writes:

On Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 6:43:51 PM UTC-4, Thomas wrote:
As i stain, can i use mineral spirts to remove dark spots? I have
been but want further stain to stick before top seal. Looks ok so
far. Therma tru door and minwax stain. Minwas clear on top. 3 coats
stain and 3 clear on top. I hate this. I picked a finished door and
it came raw. Both 84 lumber and therma will not make it right. Next
is to fill nail holes in prehung white frame, drill the bolt holes
and satin white paint that. I asked about half by 3 q trim for
windows, i bought 34 by 34 and will cut 1 fourth off in another
post. Home maker frustration.

nothing? Real home question without trump.

Ok trump says 10 but really 4. Good now?

I did some fiberglass doors with stain and poly a few years back.

But I couldn't figure out what your question was.

I put on one coat of stain. You wipe off the excess to get the color
you want. They provided door pieces to practice on.

The doors still look great. Keep some of the stain to repair scratches.

--
Dan Espen

Thanks. Question is can I use mineral spirits to wipe dark spots and still apply stain before clearcoat?
Is the stain compatable with mineral? Is there a longer dry time?