Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon[_2_] Chris Bacon[_2_] is offline

Default Concrete prefab, base size., Have I mucked he size up?

On 10/09/2020 14:29, Nikki Smith wrote:
On Thursday, 10 September 2020 at 14:03:32 UTC+1, Chris Bacon wrote:
The new:

https://ibb.co/dtR9ChW (first bay, DPM in, awaiting fabric mesh on
meshmen, shows 8" keel, 4" centre)
https://ibb.co/ZLg8sPj (work in progress, middle bay)
https://ibb.co/bz6Pnf6 (last section, showing mesh fabric on meshmen,
"front" of slab)
https://ibb.co/PY3cbrV ("The Diggings" with Wonky Donkey and a sunshade
for the concrete, doubling later as a cover to stop it drying).

I've done hundreds of pre-pour rebar inspections and that workmanship is better than most

Thank you too!

"Gissa job. Go on gissit. Gissa go, go on. I can do that". Never did it
before though.

Are you a BC person, then? My base has not been approved.

I'm tempted to try it. I'm also tempted to trench out one side another
200mm and concrete that, although there are disadvantages there too.

Really, dont bother ... it's not needed and getting both side to act as a single lump is very hard.

I have looked at the thing again. The centre line (longitudinal) of the
4 slabs that make each bay is about 60mm in from the edge. The A142 mesh
does not reach out that far. I take your point about joining concrete.
There would be effectively a strip of concrete 200mm wide along one
side, bearing the weight of one side and half the roof structure.