Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default digital ammeter with 'centre zero'.

In uk.d-i-y williamwright wrote:
I'm trying to find a digital voltmeter/ammeter that will read both the
charge and the discharge of a battery. The vast majority of the products
available will only read current 'in one direction'. I need something
that will indicate discharge by showing a minus sign, and will display
the value thereof.

Huh!? Just about every digital meter I have ever come across works
'both ways', you just get a number (for +ve) or a number with a - sign
in front (for -ve).

My little 4 digit displays that I use with my BeagleBone black are (if
I remember right) 100mV full scale, but that means +- 100mV and they
have a - sign.

--
Chris Green
ยท