Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Dangerous saw

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 9 Sep 2020 17:59:01 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk wrote:

Even chain saws go to *tick over* when hands free so something
suspect about his story.

Who said anything about a chainsaw ? You made that up all by

yourself.

Yes. Kindly explain what hedge trimmer he was using?

Not really. It was a news story from a few years back as I remember it.

google Trimming hedge with chain saw, up step ladders, puppy
chasing ball, knocked off ladder, didn't quite decapitate the lady
holding step ladder. Quite possible that the saw was under power,
even if the throttle had been released it'd still be running down.

Yes, I rememeber the story.

It's an absolute "no no" to use a chainsaw up a ladder. I use a
chainsaw quite frequently but never, never up a ladder. You need lots
of protective gear, lots of training and proper 'get you up the tree'
gear to work with a chainsaw off the ground.

--
Chris Green
ยท