Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is Erbauer ERH750 SDS drill powerful enough for 150mm core bit?

On 10/09/2020 08:31, me wrote:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-e...220-240v/232fv

I'm about to buy this SDS hammer drill but I'm not sure if it's
powerful enough to easily drive a 150mm core bit. Anyone know if it
is?

And in general is there a table or something that tells you what
power of drill you need to drive various sizes of core bits?

With insufficient power you cannot cut as fast. It depends a lot what
you are cutting. Almost anything will go through breeze block but high
fired Victorian engineering brick is another matter entirely.

The guy who put the air vent in my outside wall had a lot of fun and
burnt out one core drill. It became pretty well toothless. The bricks
are old Victorian ones from local clay with small half roundish flints
embedded in it that caused the drill to jam rotating the operator.

He got used to it after the first fairly spectacular jolt but the drill
didn't and became toothless about half way through. ISTR it took him
about three hours with one half hour break to get a new core drill.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown