Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

Default digital ammeter with 'centre zero'.

Two meters with blocking diodes?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"williamwright" wrote in message
I'm trying to find a digital voltmeter/ammeter that will read both the
charge and the discharge of a battery. The vast majority of the products
available will only read current 'in one direction'. I need something that
will indicate discharge by showing a minus sign, and will display the
value thereof.

I'm wondering about getting one of these. I've never used anything that
works by the hall effect though. Anyone know (a) if it will do what I want
and (b) what snags I might encounter?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Battery-Mon...976227978&th=1

The problem with using an analogue meter is that if it's scaled for 25A
(which I need) small currents such as 2A hardly move the needle.

Bill