Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Running UF to sewer pump via under porch

On 9/9/20 11:47 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 9 Sep 2020 11:26:36 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 9/9/2020 9:39 AM, Russell Bantin wrote:
I had an underground pump installed about 20 feet from my house. The
contractor buried the cable from the pump up to my porch and said I
would have to take care of it from there. The underside of the porch (3
feet high) is enclosed with lattice. There is a support 4X4 next to
where the cable is. Can I run the UF up the post (Behind the lattice)
and attach it to the sides of the joist and run it straight through the
sill plate? The breaker box is just below the sill plate inside the
basement.

I'd slip it into a piece of conduit for extra protection.

Certainly the part where it emerges from the ground anyway. Once it is
stapled to the side of the joist it should be OK. Use weatherproof
staples, Typically that is a plastic bar with aluminum nails

I'd suggest putting the conduit at least 18" in the ground and
tamping the dirt by the conduit a little. That little bit of tamping
should discourage mice.