Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Gibbons Mike Gibbons is offline

Default Paint Garage Ceiling - which paint

On Monday, 7 September 2020 at 10:12:21 UTC+1, Scott wrote:
On Sat, 5 Sep 2020 04:09:07 -0700 (PDT), Mike Gibbons
wrote:

Hi, I'd like some advice please. I want to paint my garage ceiling white.. The garage is attached to the house and has the central heating boiler in it so it does not get too cold or damp but not as nice as inside the house.. The ceiling looks like concrete and has not been previously painted. A bit of research says:

1. PVA sealer - opinion is divided some say it does not allow the paint to stick as well as it could

2. Regular internal emulsion - simplest but might not stand the conditions for long. Maybe dilute the first coat?

3. External Masonry paint

4. Resin paint - https://www.resincoat.co.uk/en/home/...l-coating.html

Any advice appreciated, Mike

What about oil-based eggshell?

Thanks everyone - I think I will give it a go with two coats of trade emulsion