The Natural Philosopher

Default Tonight's Property Ladder, Channel 4

Hywel Jenkins wrote:

None of the people that I've seen on the show seem to realise that
they're not development *their* house, but are developing *someone
else's* house.

That is because their motivation is not profit, but the realisation of
their own ideas.

It took being penniless in a foreign country with no social services to
indicate clearly to me the difference between working for yourself, and
working for a customer.

And in many ways its just as much fun to bend your skills towards

meeting someone elses design criteria, as your own.

Mind you, spend enough marketng dollars and you can convince the world
that what you wanted to produce is what they wanted to buy. See Microsoft.