Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default WiFi experience

In article ,
R D S wrote:
I've never had bother with WiFi in the past but then i've never really
challenged it. At home and prior workplace everything is in close
proximity.

At my current workplace it just doesn't work. But there are more walls,
there's a metal security gate between one PC and the router because of
the L shape of the building (seemingly a complete no go), upstairs is
particularly bad and i'm wondering if that's because we have a lot of
flourescent lighting.

So, is WiFi just a bit ****?
Shall I knuckle down and run cable (would be a ballache) or persevere
resiting the router and PCs and trying different channels?
(Which I have done today and it's currently usable)

I'm starting to think it's only suitable for domestic/non critical
applications.

I'd ask if in a workplace there is the same need for cordless as at home?
After all, even a decent laptop won't run all day on batteries.

--
*I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.