Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TV Recommendations

In article ,
NY wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
I think I tried the optical out with a cheapy D2A jobby, but the audio
quality seemed poor so today I'm just using the headphone output.

Did you put both into amp inputs so you could compare?

Headphone outputs often don't produce enough volts for a line in.

I actually find it's the converse problem. I have some FM wireless
headphones (ie not Bluetooth) which are driven from my PC's line out.

Err, that's not the headphone output. ;-)

There are two volume controls: the one in Windows and the one on the
headphones. I find that I have to have the Windows level turned low and
the headphones turned high, or else I get sibilance on female voices.

Easy enough to attenuate a line output that is too high. If it is too low,
rather more complex.

Likewise, when I've recorded from VHS or from the old Sky box (copying
off recordings before the Sky subscription lapsed!), the line in level
needs to be set very low. I'm sure my sound card is unusually sensitive
on its inputs and unusually loud on its outputs.

--
*WOULD A FLY WITHOUT WINGS BE CALLED A WALK?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.