Posted to alt.home.repair
drewU2 drewU2 is offline

Default Plastic taste in refrigerator filtered water dispenser (and ice)

Hi, we purchased a Whirlpool fridge in April and had it installed with our new kitchen in July. The water tasted fine for the first 5 week and then began to taste plasticy. So we replaced the filter with PUR's Water Filter 1 which wasn't cheap ($50) and had the same plastic taste. We tried yet another new filter but no change. We live in South Florida and I wonder if the fridge sitting in our garage for a few months before installation caused the plastic tubes to degrade? But it's funny because the water tasted fine for the first 5 weeks.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...nd-188062-.htm