Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Copying files from old DOS to Win10

My best guess here is that if the drive is IDE, get a usb to IDE dongle and
psu, and do it that way. I'm fairly certain that windows 10 can still read
old fat discs, as many ram sticks come formatted that way. You may need to
move a jumper on the hard drive if you want to see the drive, Otherwise, I'd
not hold out much hope. I guess you could if they exist or can exist, on
floppies do the same trick with a floppy drive on the win 10 machine, but
they may be too big and you may also lose the will to live. Another thing
is, what is the format of these files? If its really old works or something
like that, I'm not sure if there is any way to open them these days.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Grumps" wrote in message ...
Hi
So I have a really old Amstrad PC1512 with 20MB HDD. There are files that
I'd like to retrieve into a more modern environment - Win10.
The old PC has a 5 1/4" floppy, a serial port, and a parallel port.
The old PC also has Laplink v3.00a.

Is there anything that'll run on a Win10 PC that is compatible with
Laplink? Laplink themselves just told me (online chat) that the older
machine has to be Win7 or later. So DOS3.30 is out of the question then!
Ta.