Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default Can I salvage this old strimmer?

Rednadnerb Wrote in message:
Clearing out the garage. I have an electric strimmer that was hardly ever used but has been hanging up for about 10 years. When I plug it in and switch it on the motor turns but slow and sluggishly. Is it worth opening up and spraying with WD40 or should I just put it straight in the bin?

I once mended one of these things that was refusing to turn unless
helped... turned out the gaps on the commutator were full of
carbon build up, kitchen knife, bit of scraping, & back in
business
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----