Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default ammeter and voltmeter needed

"williamwright" wrote in message ...

I've been ages searching and I can't find what I want, though it sounds
so simple. It's a digital ammeter/voltmeter combination. The max voltage
to be read is 16VDC; the max amps to be read is 20A. The supply voltage
is nominally 12VDC. It would be perfectly OK for the voltmeter and
ammeter to be separate units.

I found a product priced at around £20, which seems a bit cheap to me,
but delivery is 20th - 29th Oct, and it only reads up to 15A

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KIMISS-Digi.../dp/B07G382BR1

Well, 15A would be OK at a pinch, but I can't wait until 20th Oct.
I'm assuming the ammeter is 15-0-15 as well, although it doesn't say so.
I do need centre zero.
I do have a 30-0-30 analogue meter but 2A scarcely moves the needle, and
I will need to see a confirmation of that sort of low current use/charge.

I don't want a hall effect device; I want something with a shunt.

I've looked all over. I must be looking in the wrong places. Can anyone
who is conversant with such things and knows the suppliers help?

Try CPC - their prices are competitive

https://cpc.farnell.com/c/electrical...earchlookahead

Otherwise try RS Components or Farnell