Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Miter Saw Upgrade - I Should Have Looked Before I Leaped

On Friday, September 4, 2020 at 11:26:28 PM UTC-4, Hawk wrote:
On 9/4/2020 8:25 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, September 4, 2020 at 7:50:41 AM UTC-4, Hawk wrote:
On 9/3/2020 8:54 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, September 3, 2020 at 6:49:23 PM UTC-4, Hawk wrote:
On 9/2/2020 1:11 PM, Eli the Bearded wrote:
In rec.woodworking, Hawk wrote:
On 9/1/2020 11:31 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
The OD of the lamp is 15/16". The ID of the "cap" opening is 23/32".
Why do you need to use the same lamp? There are many light sources of
size and shape which could be modified to fit on your saw.

Well, he doesn't. But he already purchased it after watching the video
thinking it would work. See subject.

Elijah
------
obviously he should just reshape the lamp

Understood and read that but that's no reason to have to stick with it
when you realize it won't work.

Who said anyone was planning on sticking with it?

I can't imagine it being that expensive and could be used for a future
project.

What "it" are you referring to?

The light/lamp.

You don't have to imagine how inexpensive it is. I have stated at least
3 times how much it cost.

All the more reason to not have to stick with it if it doesn't work. So
what's the problem?

You see, that's the thing. You appear to be only one that thinks that I had
considered, even for half a second, to stick with it.

As Eli The Bearded so rightly said "See subject"

The entire point of this thread was simply to point out, in a lighthearted
manner, that I didn't look at my specific model of saw and incorrectly assumed
that if the 12" model had a plastic cap, the 10" model had one too.

If I had walked down to my shop ("I should have looked") instead of surfing
over to Amazon to buy the lamp ("before I leaped"), this thread never would
have been posted.

Moving on...