Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Fixing a sillcock ...

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 4 Sep 2020 05:36:21 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

Growing up in Wisconsin, we had to remember to drain all outside spigots every fall.

Of course we all had basements, that makes a difference.

Every outside spigot I've seen up north had a faucet outside, and a valve about a foot or so inside the foundation wall. The inside valve had a little drip port to open. I think maybe the faucet sloped back towards the interior valve, because we would close the valve and drain the pipe every fall and water would dribble out inside.

That's what I've got.

I have stuff up to a foot below the valve, so I put a little plastic pan
underneath the dribble port, and I've taken to just leaving it there all
year. By next fall, the water evaporates.

I ruined, rounded off, the cap for the little drip port, but they sell a
set of 2 of them at Home Depot. In stock. Only one fits my house, but
c'est la vie.

I haven't seen one like this in the south.