Posted to alt.home.repair
Hawk Hawk is offline

Default Fixing a sillcock ...

On 9/4/2020 12:01 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 9/4/2020 2:37 AM, Hawk wrote:
On 9/3/2020 11:06 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 9/1/2020 4:53 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, August 31, 2020 at 11:10:13 PM UTC-4, Hawk wrote:
On 8/31/2020 7:08 PM, wrote:
I have a sillcock that is leaking. looked up the manufacture
(Nibco), they provided a listing of all outdated sillcocks that
they use to manufacture, but are now discontinued.Â* You can view
some images he
https://ibb.co/PwL8LCN

Its a frost proof version that has the working valve ~12" back in
the house, but it looks like it leaking around the hand-wheel.

Can find a repair kit and just replace some gaskets or do I need
to replace the whole unit.Â* If I do need a full replacement, the
basement has a finished w/drywall ceiling.Â* Do I need to cut a
whole in the ceiling to get to the connection ?Â* or can the whole
unit be changed from the outside ?

You can see the historical document he
http://www.nibco.com/WorkArea/Downlo...t.aspx?id=7414

Scroll down the version w/Tulip handle.

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

I'd replace it with a ball valve sillcock.

Then it's no longer freeze proof.

Exactly my thought.

http://www.quarter-ball.com/download/FP_Sillcock.pdf

That has 2 seals, a rubber packing #6 and an o-ring #25.

So why replace it if you can easily fix it.

If he can easily fix it, he wouldn't be in here asking what to do. Ball
valve sillcocks have less internal parts that will deteriorate. They are
superior to the gate valve.