Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Fixing a sillcock ...

Growing up in Wisconsin, we had to remember to drain all outside spigots every fall.

Of course we all had basements, that makes a difference.

Every outside spigot I've seen up north had a faucet outside, and a valve about a foot or so inside the foundation wall. The inside valve had a little drip port to open. I think maybe the faucet sloped back towards the interior valve, because we would close the valve and drain the pipe every fall and water would dribble out inside.

I haven't seen one like this in the south.