Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Fixing a sillcock ...

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 02 Sep 2020 01:14:26 -0400, micky
wrote:

I have read the other replies and agree that it is probably the stem packing.
You can get two types at your local hardware or big box store. One is the
graphite type as noted in other posts, the other is the Teflon type which is
essentially the same but different materials. Turn the water off to the fixture
& drain. Remove the knob; which may be the hardest part; loosen the stem nut

You may not have to remove the knob, maybe just the stemnut. Try that
first.

I said this before I saw what a tulip handle looked like. It charmingly
covers the stemnut.

And I see they made such things since 1960. Even now I think most
regular homes don't get them, at least around Baltmore. If you're
building a home, even a tract house that doens't have its plumbing yet.
I'd insist on this. Worth the money if you live anywhere it freezes.