Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default tree house question

On Wednesday, September 2, 2020 at 1:56:37 PM UTC-4, Emanuel Berg wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

The ropes I was talking about are the one's used to
lash the structure to the trees. That seems like an
huge amount of weight to be supported by ropes to
swaying trees. I guess to certain extent you need
to allow for movement and the support ropes will
certainly do that.

You mean the ropes could suddenly fail?

Yup. Suddenly or slowly.

Maybe they stretch a little, structure starts to lean. You don't really
worry about it, then it leans a little more, putting stress on some other
area, maybe pulling it away from some other support. Maybe that's where
the failure occurs.

Who knows? I sure wouldn't want to be anywhere near it when it happens.