Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default B&Q 'Delux' garden tap kits

On 02/09/2020 20:00, John Bull wrote:
Yeah.Â* as I plumber myself, I wouldn't want to put my name to use of a
self-cutting tap, but they do work.Â* Some customers have needs that are
about speed and lack of disturbance and would favour a quick job over
doing it 'properly'.Â* In fairness, self-cutting taps seem to work okay
until they are disturbed, though I do wonder if they are certified to
any standard that makes them 'suitable' for use with potable water.

I think if it were going to leak it would have happened sometime in the
12 years since it was fitted

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Home_owners_hub