Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Save removal abandoned front yard gas lamp?

On 9/2/2020 3:00 PM, RC wrote:
I have similar inquiry. Hello - we have a non working gas lamp post that
we would like to just knock down. Is it possible to turn off that line
then remove the lamp post it does that line need to be cap.

Best is to cut the line where you are turning it off and capping there.
If you turn it off and don't cap you just never know what can happen
down the line. Break it at the valve and cap or plug and be done.