Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default TV Licence - auto renew?

In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice writes
On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 22:54:02 +0100, Max Demian wrote:

I think if you grant them a direct debit then the small print

says you
agree to auto-renew.á I remember noticing that at the time I gave

them
my account details.

That would be my guess as well or a double negative tick box to agree
not to authorise auto renewal.

This is the first time it has tried to auto-renew and I have

always
paid by card.

Credit or debit? I don't see how they can take money by DD if they don't
have your bank details. (I always pay by credit card.)

It is possible for merchants to setup up regular payments from credit
cards but it's not very common.

--
Cheers
Dave.

It is fairly common - but to be avoided. Not as easy to stop s a DD on
your bank account. Continuous Payment Authority.
--
bert