Posted to rec.woodworking
Hawk Hawk is offline

Default Miter Saw Upgrade - I Should Have Looked Before I Leaped

On 9/1/2020 11:31 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 6:07:44 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 9/1/2020 3:35 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 4:11:35 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 9/1/2020 1:09 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Here's the part that needs to be modified: https://i.imgur.com/9hlAFjn.jpg

Here's what my saw looks like: https://i.imgur.com/1KKYfCP.jpg

Oh well, I'm sure I'll find another use for the lamp.

Be somewhat more effort, but don't see why couldn't be made to work...

--

The plastic "cap" on the 12" Bosch comes off with 2 screws and the lamp fits
underneath it. The lamp sits on top of the aluminum casing. You just

The lamp has to go under the cap in order for the blade guard to clear it.

On my 10" there is no plastic "cap". That "cap" on my saw is part of the
aluminum housing itself. There is nothing that can be removed.

I'm not about to cut into the body of my $600 saw to mount a $7 lamp.

As long as it will fit in there (and I'd bet the dimensions are the
same), all it would take would be a couple drilled/tapped holes to use
to mount a bracket and an exit for the power feed. If you used one of
the battery-powered ones, wouldn't need the last.

--

That's a bet you'd lose.

The OD of the lamp is 15/16". The ID of the "cap" opening is 23/32".

Why do you need to use the same lamp? There are many light sources of
size and shape which could be modified to fit on your saw.