Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Ifor wiliam trailer grease

On 02/09/2020 00:23, wrote:
Hi all,

I have a small unbraked P6 Ifor Wiliams trailer. Last year before taking it on a long run I had it serviced as a wheel felt sort of gritty when turned by hand. The guy who looked at it tightened the bearing on one wheel and replaced the bearing on the other. He said he had packed both bearings with long life red grease. He recommended adding about 6 pumps of grease to the nipple on each hub annually. Unfortunately when I asked he could not remember the name of the grease!

That was about a year ago. It has seen occasional use since and I would like to add a few pumps of grease to each hub as I am going on a long run again.

Could someone please suggest the name of a suitable grease?

TIA

Pretty much any lithium grease described as suitable for wheel bearings.
Something from your local motor shop would be fine.