Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default Miter Saw Upgrade - I Should Have Looked Before I Leaped

On Tue, 1 Sep 2020 11:09:20 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I have the 10" version of the Bosch Glide miter saw. The guy from the
makeeverythingshop.com website has the 12" model.

I watched his video on how to add an LED lamp to create a shadow line on
the work piece that shows exactly where the blade will cut. How cool!

He's says under $20, the lamp was actually under $7. Even cooler!

At about 2:35 of his video (below) he points out the plastic piece that needs
to be removed and modified so that the lamp can be mounted directly in line
with the blade. Simple enough.

Alright, I'm going to do this. I ordered the lamp, it shows up today and I
head down to the shop.

Here's the part that needs to be modified: https://i.imgur.com/9hlAFjn.jpg

Here's what my saw looks like: https://i.imgur.com/1KKYfCP.jpg

Oh well, I'm sure I'll find another use for the lamp.

Full video he

http://makeeverythingshop.com/news/2...to-a-miter-saw

I have a laser similar to an Oshlun Miter And Portable Saw Laser
Guide, LG-M01 on my Delta "10. Price I saw at online Walmart was
$26.66.

It will distort threw the blade guard, but works once you move the
saw.