Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Need help with wiring - John Deere 655

On 9/1/2020 9:59 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

My Kubota B7800 (26hp, 22 at the PTO) has the 3-pt, rear 540 pto and
midmount PTO for a mower deck. To keep the rear PTO running when
dismounting the operators seat, the seat can be quickly flipped up
(e.g. when using the backhoe attachment for which the PTO drives the
hydraulic pump or when using a PTO-driven generator).

Yeah, Kubota, Mahindra, New Holland, ... all do have line of compact
utility tractors very similar--I was comparing to the Lowes/Menards/Home
Depot sorta' lawn tractors that aren't anything similar that most folk
think of.

Huh...hadn't seen that trick of there apparently being another position
switch when seat is up? The 955 was in shop a couple years ago for some
serious work (the bolts holding front/rear halves together had worked
loose and actually broken a couple -- had to pull completely in two to
get broken stubs out and replace. I didn't have any convenient place to
set up to hold up the two halves so took it in to Mr Deere) and needed
to do some spot spraying in time-critical window so borrowed a new
similar-sized from dealer. It had same problem with the seat, stand up
to find the next spot to go touch up and it die...I don't think flipping
the seat up on it would have kept it going but never would have thought
to try.