JohnB

Default Fabricating a toilet tank cover

wrote:
snip
Other than hitting a few local plumbing shops to see if they happen to
have a used cover that will fit, I am not going to even try to buy a
replacement from the company, since I can already imagine the hassle,
price, and shipping cost.

,snip.

My reason for posting this message is to find out if others have
fabricated their own covers and what was used to make the covers.
Any ideas?

The "secondary" toilet in the basement of my mother's ancestral
home had a home made wooden cover instead of the original
porcelain which probably broke, but that may have been before I
was born.