Doug Kanter

Default Fabricating a toilet tank cover

Wood, coated several times with polyurethane, so it'll resist the moisture
from inside the tank.

By the way, if you're ever faced with buying a new toilet, get down to your
local library and find the issue of Consumer Reports in which they
thoroughly tested a bunch of low flush toilets. Some work quite well, and
they are NOT necessarily the expensive ones.

wrote in message
I have been fighting with one of these new "water saver" (water
waster) toilets that require the plunger and 5 flushes after each and
every use. I am on a fixed low income and unable to a buy an
expensive toilet. I just got an older toilet, and the price was
right, FREE. The neighbors replaced it because the tank cover was
dropped and broken (and thrown away). They said the toilet works
fine, and I can see it's in good shape, and looks well built. It's an
Eljer, and it has a large tank so it should flush well.

Other than hitting a few local plumbing shops to see if they happen to
have a used cover that will fit, I am not going to even try to buy a
replacement from the company, since I can already imagine the hassle,
price, and shipping cost. I think I can fabricate something from
wood, and make it look nice. And if it dont look nice, I can always
use one of those fuzzy things that women put on toilets. I'd much
rather have a good working toilet than a pretty one !!!!!

My reason for posting this message is to find out if others have
fabricated their own covers and what was used to make the covers.
Any ideas?