Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default power goes off

On 31/08/2020 17:12, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 31 Aug 2020 17:02:34 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

yip...anyway I took off the cover again and reset the rcd...this time I
unplugged the blue plug and sprayed everything in wd40...

Good lord that must be a first, some one using WD40 for what it's
supposed to be used for!

Wonder if farmer is is unplugging the lead to move it out of the way
when mowing then putting it back in? I wouldn't expect a 30 mA RCD to
trip due to cable capacitance on it's own but is stuff in the van is
still plugged in all the filter capacitors will still be across N &
E.

nah don't think so...and why are the RCDs at the consumer unit not
triggered ? ......well I use wd40 for everything so just luck that I was
using it for its intended use..and he obviously mowed around the meter
box but I notice he hit the plastic box with the washing machine in it
and no we use an extension cable for that but it has water feed and
drainage,,,,