Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default power goes off

On 31/08/2020 16:55, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 31 Aug 2020 15:24:25 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

... I was wondering if the splatter of wet grass against the plug and
socket could be causing the external rcd to trip ?

Presumably all the external plugs and sockets are the 16 A or 32 A
round CEE things not an ordinary 13 A plug and socket and that
everything has a proper cover on the meter post.

yip

A bit of wet grass splatter shouldn't worry a fully mated CEE plug
and socket.

And when you say every thing is switched off is that on their
switches/unplugged or all the MCBs in the CU apart from the one
feeding circuit the fridge is on.

yip...anyway I took off the cover again and reset the rcd...this time I
unplugged the blue plug and sprayed everything in wd40...I can but hope....