Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Need help with wiring - John Deere 655

writes:
On Mon, 31 Aug 2020 08:45:18 -0500, dpb wrote:

I can't speak for Deere, but my WheelHorse was famous for wiring
problems involving the fuse holder block - I found a fuse badly
melted last time and it wasn't obvious with a quick look -
I needed to remove the fuse - to see the blade half-gone !
Also - the seat safety switch is a good thing - when it
functions like my WheelHorse - it only shuts-down the engine
if the blades are engaged - I can't understand why apparently
some other lawn tractors are wired differently ?

My JD lawn tractor shuts down the engine if either the
blades are engaged or the parking brake is not set when
the seat switch opens.