Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default power goes off

On 31/08/2020 16:23, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 31/08/2020 16:00, Jack Harry Teesdale wrote:
On 31/08/2020 15:24, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Last two times I have came to the static van the power has been
cut....the internal off on switch with rcds is on but the rcd in the
external meter box has been tripped.....when we leave the only thing
we leave on is the fridge everything else is switched off.....I'm
thinking that the farmer has cut the grass around the van when we are
not here and I was wondering if the splatter of wet grass against the
plug and socket could be causing the external rcd to trip ?....or is
it the fridge?

Unlikely to be a spurious trip on two seperate ocassions, sounds like
the fridge to me BICBW

NEVER HAPPENS WHEN WE ARE HERE

OK. Get the farmer to cut the grass when you're there and see what
happens. Better still chuck all manner of wet stuff on the plug and socket.