Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ahem A Rivet's Shot Ahem A Rivet's Shot is offline

Default Electric showers

On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 23:45:31 +0100
Max Demian wrote:

On 30/08/2020 20:48, Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:
On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 14:04:11 +0100
Max Demian wrote:

Tank-fed cold is better for mixing hot and cold, such as a shower.

Why ? I find mains pressure hot and cold mix very well, but
then I use a thermal store tank with a hot water coil, all the taps hot
and cold deliver potable water - but I only drink the stuff that goes
through the RO filter.

I'm assuming that the hot is tank-fed in any case, as it usually is if
there is an immersion. The mains pressure may be much more.

Ah mix like with like, but a tank fed shower isn't that called a
dribble ? There's an immersion in my thermal store tank but I've never
bothered to connect it up (3kW, 500 litre .. nah).

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith | Directable Mirror Arrays
C:\WIN | A better way to focus the sun