Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Need help with wiring - John Deere 655

On 8/30/2020 7:23 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 16:01:08 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 8/30/20 3:00 PM, T fed wrote:
Need help 655 will not turn over battery is good but nothing goes on

brake must be on, in neutral, blade dissengaged, and driver on the
seat. From memory on my old JD lawn tractor.

The 955 doesn't demand the brake; I presume 655 won't either altho the
manual is downstairs and am too lazy to go look it up, but the
655/755/855/955 all have same base manual.

Well, did, but the only wiring diagram I have is 855/955; reminded me
tho there is the fuse block on the dash RH side; could be a fuse as well
as there is a fusible link in the starter line from +ive battery.

If have manual tranny, there's an in-neutral switch on it, too...this
955 is hydrostatic.

But, no sign of brake being in the starter interlock circuitry.

PTO, seat, tranny are it -- altho there is the glow plug timing module
if is diesel--dunno if any of the 655s were or not.