Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] is offline

Default TV Licence - auto renew?

Max Demian expressed precisely :
Credit or debit? I don't see how they can take money by DD if they don't have
your bank details. (I always pay by credit card.)

I had to check the sort code on the letter, to find the bank. They will
take it from my TSB debit account. I will ring TV licensing in the
morning.

My car insurers started using the auto-renew a few years ago, without
my consent. I made it clear that if they didn't stop it immediately
they had lost me as a customer. They have never tried it on since.

I'm quite happy paying the regular auto-payments each month for gas,
electric, phone, council tax and water - I have agreed to those and
expect them, but not these large annual sums.