Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Free rusted metal

On 29/08/2020 12:20:12, ss wrote:
Image below is the cross drive for a mini lathe. It is rusted solid.
I have soaked in WD40 for a couple of days and still stuck.
The arrows in green are points I can tap with hammer but dare not hit
too hard in case the `lug` breaks off.

Never used heat before on rusted items but would `hot air` paint
stripper gun work? I am not too bothered re the paintwork as I will be
repainting the main body before I re assemble the lathe.

Any other ideas?

https://imgur.com/47180QO

If you have managed to get oil in any gap don't heat it up too much to
carbonise the oil. On the occasions when things were tight all it did
was seize things up even more.

Does the threaded portion rotate? The prominent part seems to have a
left hand thread. Is the other part a right hand thread?