Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_3_] Dan Espen[_3_] is offline

Default unrepairable lawnmower what would you try next

TimR writes:

I had good intentions of ordering a carb for my string trimmer (Weed
Eater GTI-19T, WA199 carb) but they seem to be obsolete.

Even the replacements are obsolete.

Might set this out on the curb at trash day and let the scavengers get
it. That's our neighborhood version of Freecycle.

I used to have a gas powered string trimmer.
Really hard to start, noisy as hell.
I'd rarely use it.
It went to the curb.

I replaced it with battery powered.
I use the battery powered all the time and love it.

I use if for lots of things including lawn edging.
What a difference it makes when you edge your lawn
after every mowing.

I actually bought 3 different attachments to the power unit,
hedge trimmer, string trimmer, tiller.

I've also got the battery powered lawn mower.
Great stuff.

--
Dan Espen